[Koha] German MARC record issues

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Thu May 17 14:54:55 NZST 2007

I'd wait to see what other folks say first, but here's what I'd try. I
can't speak for Canada but the records coming from LC should all be
UTF-8 encoded (Leader byte 9 is set to 'a').
Take a look at this page:
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=encodingscratchpad
AFAIK, Koha does not handle Unicode when first set up. Follow some of
the instructions here to get your environment and database properly
set up.
You will have to rebuildnonmarc after you're done (or even export your
records and bulkmarcimport them again).
Even then you may need to make some changes to your templates to have
a default encoding of utf8. Check the archives, I think there was a
message about changing templates for this recently.

I don't know if this would effect your version of Koha but recently
there was a character encoding problem with a Perl module that's been
fixed. You might get some input on whether it would be advisable to
upgrade all relevant Perl modules.

Well, I hope this gives you some leads.

--Jason