[Koha] Eliminating "Reserve Fee Charge of $1.00" Notice to Borrower

Russel Garlick russel.garlick at liblime.com
Thu May 17 12:05:02 NZST 2007

> > One place to catch the developers is on irc, or filing a bug in
> > bugs.koha.org
> I'm a little bit reluctant to file bugs, in case it's not really a
> bug.
> I know the developers are busy both with Koha and often with their
> paying jobs, so I don't want to waste their time.

Hi Kevin,

Bugs are all good. Issues raised on the list may be over looked, as email inboxes fill up and change day to day. As bugs are filied in a purpose built system, they will hang around and be visiable someone does something with them.

People who can write clear, complete, reproducible bug reports are just as important as developers on an Open Source project.

So head on over to http://bugs.koha.org and sign up (it only takes a minute).

Two things you can do help the developers out

1) Do a quick search on bugzilla to see if you can find anything that resembles the issue you are having. If there is already a bug, you can add your report to it.

2) Give the "How to report bugs" page a good read through. http://www.koha.org/community/bugzilla.html

I'll say it again, well written, reproducible bug reports are like gold for the Koha developers. Instead of wasting their time, it helps save time if they have all the information about the bug.

Nice one reporting this bug, hope to see you on #koha some time.

Cheers
Russel

Russel Garlick                             russel.garlick at liblime.com
General Manager - Australasia                          +64 21 542 188
LibLime Limited                                       www.liblime.com