[Koha] Date problem (still broken) - even on fresh install

Greg Vickers daehenoc at optusnet.com.au
Tue May 15 23:30:41 NZST 2007

Hi all,

Henri-Damien LAURENT wrote:
> Greg Vickers a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Greg Vickers wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> After the upgrade from 2.2.5 to 2.2.9, we are having the same or
>>> similar problems to this thread:
>>> http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2007-April/011491.html
>>>
>>> Anne wrote:
>>> I've been having a real problem with the members page of the system
>>> tonight. Every time I added a new member to the library it was
>>> okay... but then when I went to "issue books" it came up in red
>>> saying "Borrower will leave soon" and refused to let me issue them
>>> anything. I am thoroughly confused! This happened with (two users).
>>> Do you know what was happening?
>>>
>>> John wrote:
>>> I attempted to manually add an expiry date to the record for xxxxxxx
>>> but it still doesn't have an entry date.
>>>
>>> Now according to that thread, Date::Calc and/or Date::Manip should be
>>> installed, Date::Calc was installed but Date::Manip was not
>>> installed, I have installed Date::Manip and asked the librarians to
>>> test it. Does anyone have any other tips I could try?
>>
>> After installing Date::Manip, the problem is not resolved. I would
>> gratefully accept any suggestions or assistance.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Greg
> We tested it on our boxes both in npl and in default templates.
>
> And it worked.
>
> It may come out from 2 things :
> - your system preference date is not correctly set (metric us or iso)
> - you enter date in a special way.
>
> a)send me your log file (koha-error_log in /usr/local/koha/log
> usually... Please, only the part of what you think has to cope with this
> error)
> b) tell me which template/which date system you use.
> c) please send me a data set you type in
>
> i shall tell you what this error comes from.

We did a clean install of Koha on a fresh Debian install and the same
problem occurs! Has anyone else had this problem or are we the only site
to have it?

When a new borrower is created, the Joined Date is a ',' (comma)
character so obviously this gives an undefined result when calculating
the Expiry Date for that borrower. This looks like it may be a problem
with how Koha 2.2.9 retrieves the current date from the system Koha is
running on - does anyone have any comment on the likelihood that this is
the cause of the problem?

Thanks,
Greg