[Koha] perl modules don't work

Thibaud Hulin hulin.thibaud at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 6 20:09:12 NZST 2007

Thanks for your answer.

> Have you the cgi module loaded and enabled for Apache?

How can I check that ?

> Yikes!  What did the prompt that you typed perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Event"' at look like?

Nowadays, I obtain this :
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
   Database was generated on Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:39:34 GMT
Event is up to date.

> I need to reinstall my koha on a newer debian.  I'll make notes on the
> installation, as I'll be doing this one on my own time.

Actually, Debian testing can't launch koha with standard package,
because koha can't works with mysql5 and php5. So, you must install
mysql4 and php4 yourself, and phpymysql eventually. It's the only way an
installation after sarge distribution.

However, it's my first installation of koha, because I'm working on a
Debian testing, and I'm too lazy to install a sarge more.

For the moment, I'm always block. If I desactive the
/etc/koha-httpd.conf , I can use other applications with apache. If I
active it, I can only access to the first page of koha, but perl don't
work...

So, I did a link from /var/www/koha to /usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs/
When I enter localhost/koha in my navigator, I have one second a
"WELCOME TO KOHA", and it disappear and I get this error message :

The requested URL /cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl was not found on this server.