[Koha] import records help

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Tue May 1 01:26:45 NZST 2007

Hi,
I've created a command line script for quick copy cataloging. It works
for my goals and workflow. I'm cataloging a small collection and want
to do it quickly while choosing a good record.  I hope after a little
testing and code cleaning to release it as someone else might benefit
from it.

One thing I'd like to do with it is have the option to insert records
immediately into the Koha database. Right now I'm mainly concerned
with rel_2_2 and 2.2.8 more specifically. I'd prefer using a system
call out to bulkmarcimport.pl or something already part of the Koha
distribution that will continue to be maintained by someone else.
Currently I have to run bulkmarcimport.pl as root. Is there any way to
allow authentication for a user with proper permissions to run
bulkmarcimport? How else could I go about this? Inserting the record
into the reservoir would be OK but that seems to chop off some item
level information I attach to the records.

Thanks for any help or leads you might have.

--Jason