[Koha] Operating koha without the need for mouse

Jogiraju TALLAPRAGADA library_mrec at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 21:52:42 NZST 2007

Hi Koha Developers,
  It will be a greate help if the koha menu items, dialog boxes and other controls are provided with shotcut keys to enable them to be quickly selected by pressing the control keys, avoiding the need for using mouse and repeated tab keys.
  This feature is especially useful in circulation module.
  Hope this suggestion will be taken into consideration in the future versions of koha.
  Another suggestion : When there is additionalauthors table it is expected that all the authors added to the 700 (usmarc) field should go into this table rather than marc_subfield_table and marc_word alone. When  additional authors are entered for the first time using addbiblio.pl in 700 field the enteries are committed to the additionalauthors table. But when the record is modified newly added authors are not going in to the additionalauthors table. But one can search on those authors to select the record as the marc tables are updated. It will be nice if these enteries also go into additional authors table.
  There is also a requirement for adding more than one isbn and publisher in the same biblio for example in India we have same books (same edition, same content, number of pages same) published by PHI and Pearson Education Asia with different ISBNs. It is not advisable to create new biblios for these books.Otherwise to reserve this book one has to reserve both the biblios. Instead we shoud have a provision for entering multiple ISBNs in 20 field and be able to search and retrieve the record with any of the isbns.
  Hope this feature is also added in the future koha versions.
  with regards,
  T. Jogi Raju