[Koha] getting Dewey numbers into Koha

Marty Jongepier bluejaydesign at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 18 14:35:25 NZST 2007

Hello all,

We have been using Koha for a few months now, and are quite happy with it,
but the work of a library system administrator is quite endless...
We did not have any information from a previous system but author and title,
which we all successfully imported.
Now we have a list of Dewey numbers as well (in excel) that we want to
import into Koha. We want to enter it in the 'classfication' field (And the
082 field - or is it possible to link them?). Is there any clever way to get
it there? (or less clever, I will only have to do it once, as all new books
will get entered with Dewey numbers)

Please keep it simple, I am not a programmer! Just smart enough to do basic
things...

Thanks,

Marty