[Koha] Koha Experimentation

Wesley Hague wesleyhague at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 06:35:29 NZST 2007

Okay I'm a student of a small College and I'm being hired as a side job to
see just how pratical Koha is for their Library. After some experimentation
this has left me with several questions at how to do certain tasks. My
skills with some stuff are decent but this is still a massive learning curve
for me. I've set up Koha on a Windows XP Machine

1. Deleting records? I've got hundred or so records at the moment which were
created for testing purpose and have no actual book behind them. Is there
anyway and deleting the entire database and starting fresh without having to
delete every single record, one by one.

2. Bulk import of users. The Old Library software has alot of users on it.
While I have found that the book records can be transfer with MARC fairly
easily with little to no problem. Is their any way to transfer Patrons over.

3. Creating Patrons, when I creating patrons to test out. Koha forces me to
set the patron as Either a Child or an Institution, which alters the user
information I have already enter. Can it be set or change so these do not
have to be set?