[Koha] Having more than one 'barcode' for an item

Kevin O'Rourke lists at caboose.org.uk
Tue Mar 13 23:09:30 NZDT 2007

Is it possible to have more than one barcode for an item?

Our library currently does not have barcode scanners, but will in the
future.  I don't want to make the staff have to enter long barcode
numbers now, so I'm thinking of just using our (unique per item)
accession numbers instead.

However, when we do eventually change over to barcoding it would be nice
to be able to either enter the accession number OR scan the barcode.

Similarly for members it would be convenient to have short numbers for
manual entry as well as barcodes.

Is this possible with Koha 2.2.8?  I see the 952p MARC field is shown as
non-repeatable, so I'm assuming it's not.

Kevin
--
Kevin O'Rourke
ICT Coordinator, National Teachers' Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria