[Koha] overlay records

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 03:00:53 NZDT 2007

I'd like to export a small set of records from Koha, edit them, and
then overlay over the old records. Does bulkmarcimport.pl allow me to
do this? How does the "delete" flag work? What does it match on? Is it
possible to do this with just a small set of records? Is there some
other way to overlay some records after editing outside of Koha? I'm
using 2.2.7 but in the next week hope to upgrade to the 2.2.8 bugfix
release.

On a similar subject, I'm often annoyed at having to wait for the MARC
editor to load and then clicking on multiple tabs to edit all the
fields I want. It's too slow for quickly upgrading records or doing
batches, so I do my editing, including adding items, outside of Koha
and then use bulkmarcimport. I'd much prefer editing a record in
something like MARCMaker format, except for maybe the fixed fields,
which could be presented similar to how OCLC displays them. Would it
be possible to create a simpler MARC editor for Koha that is just a
record in MARCMaker format in an text input field? I'm just learning
Perl, but maybe some day I'll tackle this feature.

--Jason