[Koha] Re: OpenSolaris and kohaadmin rights at installation

Mike Dalgity dalgity at htl.net
Fri Jun 22 12:31:25 NZST 2007

I believe I had a similar problem before I deleted the MySQL anonymous accounts.  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/default-privileges.html

Let us know if that helps at all,
Mike D.

-----Original Message-----
From: koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz
[mailto:koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz]On Behalf Of Thommy M.
Sent: June 21, 2007 9:02 AM
To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: [Koha] Re: OpenSolaris and kohaadmin rights at installation

Joshua M. Ferraro wrote:
> ----- "Thommy M." <thommym at at-hardeberga.com> wrote:
>> I've done a Koha setup on Opensolaris (snv_65) with Koha 2.2.9.
>> After some fiddling with the prerequisites I finally came to
>>
>> # perl installer.pl
>>
>> Everyting seems to go smooth until kohaadmin wants to use the
>> database.

>> Creating the MySQL database for Koha...
>>
>> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost'
>> (using password: YES)
>>
>> DBI connect('Koha:localhost','kohaadmin',...) failed: Access denied
>> for
>> user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
>> /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 411
>> Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
>> scripts/updater/updatedatabase line 1553.
>> Problem updating database...
>> root at schumi:/opt/local/src/koha-2.2.9#
>>

>> Looks like there are some credentials for kohaadmin that are not set
>> correctly by the install.pl script. Any hints???
> I've seen this posted a few times w/respect to 2.2.9, so I suspect
> something's up. Could you try installing 2.2.8 and see if the same
> problem occurs? That will help us narrow down the problem.

Nope, exactly the same error from what I see...

Creating the MySQL database for Koha...

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost'
(using password: YES)

DBI connect('Koha:localhost','kohaadmin',...) failed: Access denied for
user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 411
Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
scripts/updater/updatedatabase line 1553.
Problem updating database...
root at schumi:/opt/local/src/koha-2.2.8#

Did this before running the new install:

mysqladmin -f -uroot -p drop Koha
mysql -uroot -p -Dmysql -e"delete from user where user='kohaadmin'"
mysql -uroot -p -Dmysql -e"delete from db where user='kohaadmin'"
mysqladmin -uroot -p reload