[Koha] installing koha on centos 4.4

Dr. Ing. Alexandro Olivares Acosta aoa at ugd.edu.mx
Sat Jun 16 13:09:05 NZST 2007

Hi, thanks for your replies, I'm sending the directions I used to
install koha on a centos 4.4 , I

could not make it work on Centos 5,

I decided to go for the Centos 4.4 because of the mysql version which is 4
Centos 5 has mysql version 5 which is not supported by koha so even if
you get yaz working it might give
you trouble with the mysql

cheers,

Alex.

(part of it taken from other post in this list)

install ncftpget client from source
(get it from  ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/ncftp/ncftp-3.2.0-src.tar.gz )

perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Event"'
yum install libxslt-devel
Download latest openssl (tarball) and compile and install ( 0.9.7 or 0.9.8)
 tar -xvzf open*
 cd to the openssl directory
 ./config
 make
 make install
yum install libgcrypt-devel
Download yaz src rpm  (i used version 2.5.4 under the  fc6 dir )
rpmbuild --rebuild yaz*src.rpm
cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386(may not be in that folder depending on architecture)
rpm -ivh libyaz-2*
rpm -ivh yaz-2*
rpm -ivh libyaz-dev*
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "HTML::Template"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Mail::Sendmail"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "MARC::Record"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Class::Accessor"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "MARC::Charset"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "MARC::File::XML"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "XML::Simple"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Bit::Vector"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Carp::Clan"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Date::Calc"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "ZOOM"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Compress::Zlib"' (Install Dependencies)
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "PDF::API2"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "GD::Barcode"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Data::Random"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Barcode::Code128"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "PDF::Reuse"'
perl -MCPAN -e 'install "PDF::Reuse::Barcode"'

Install and configure Koha.

(for me , i had to run the mysqld daemon with
mysqld_safe --skyp-grant-tables
and then install koha, later restart mysqld normally
)

add the line

include /etc/koha-httpd.conf

at the end of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

and remember to put

Listen *:8080

on httpd.conf

later you can login with your kohaadmin/password
at  http://localhost:8080/

--
Dr. Mat. ISC Alexandro Olivares Acosta
Director de Posgrado