[Koha] Re: perl C4 module errors

Matthew Metzger news at metzger.cc
Fri Jun 8 12:07:43 NZST 2007

Rick Welykochy wrote:
> Chris Cormack wrote:
>
>>> How can I permanently add the C4 modules to the @INC variable? Is
>>> there some other solution that is better?
>>
>> perl -I is the trick
>>
>> perl -I /path/to/modules script
>>
>> For the line above
>> sudo perl /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/updater/updatedatabase
>>
>> make it
>>
>> sudo perl -I /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules
>> /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/updater/updatedatabase
>>
>> And you should be all go
>
> If like me you do a lot of development work in the shell, you
> can make the invocation of perl complete with the required library
> much more painless as follows:
>
> 1. add the following line to you .bash_profile
>
>    PERL5LIB=/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules
>
> 2. execute the following command only this once (next login will
>    pick up the PERL5LIB change):
>
>    . ~/.bash_profile
>
> 3. now invoke a script as follows, sans -I:
>
>    sudo perl /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/updater/updatedatabase
>

> cheers
> rickw

Thanks,

this was what I was looking for, but it doesn't seem to be working for
me. I added the line so that my .bash_profile looks like this:
----
# ~/.bash_profile: executed by bash(1) for login shells.
# see /usr/share/doc/bash/examples/startup-files for examples.
# the files are located in the bash-doc package.

# the default umask is set in /etc/login.defs
#umask 022

# include .bashrc if it exists
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
     . ~/.bashrc
fi

# set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
if [ -d ~/bin ] ; then
     PATH=~/bin:"${PATH}"
fi

PERL5LIB=/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules
----

I ran the command you told me to, but it didn't work. I logged out and
then back in again and it still didn't work.

It's not that big of a problem if it doesn't work. I can always invoke
the -I as Chris suggested. I would like to know how to successfully add
a path to perl, though.

The other errors concerning z39.50 that I posted to this thread are a
bigger immediate concern for me.

thanks for your time,

Matthew