[Koha] official version (was : National holidays and other free days)

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Jun 6 23:13:58 NZST 2007

> > Unfortunately, I can`t wait till september, not to mention the
> > 'mainstream' version of Koha is rather unsuitable for Polish
> > libraries, mostly placed in old buildings, divided into branches
> > with separate locations, collections, desks, and sometimes
> > different borrowing and charging policies. I cooperate with
> > Wojciech Zatorski, who is working on a 'university' version,
> > heavily modified compared to the 'mainstream' one,
It'd be a shame to have a fork. We certainly have an interest in
having mainline Koha suitable for Polish University libraries,
and university libraries in general. Tumer Garip (Near East University)
has done a lot of useful work toward that. LibLime is also working
with some largish academics in the US that plan to sponsor some
academic-specific functions.

The advantage of an OSS system in the first place is the ability to
reuse code, if at all possible, lets try to work together to make
the mainline version work for everyone. Maybe we need to separate
Koha's settings out into profiles or something? Maybe switching
to Git (distributed version control) would help? Any other ideas?

Cheers,