[Koha] How to change HTML / TMPL path prefix? (+debian)

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jul 6 23:58:19 NZST 2007

Jack Bates <ms419 at freezone.co.uk> asked:
> How do I change the path prefix where Koha looks for HTML / TMPL?

Koha has used two VirtualHosts for as long as I've been here, so I'm
not sure that's supported yet.  It needs a hunt-and-kill on the
hard-coded locations.  It would be a good thing to do if you have time.

> Are current versions of the debs available online anywhere?

I'm building packages for etch at
http://serene.ttllp.co.uk/~mjr/
and I'll make a proper repository Real Soon Now.

> What are the current obstacles to getting these packages in the official
> repositories?

Making them follow the various debian policies
http://www.debian.org/devel/

The challenge for the main koha package is building a koha installer
which can actually be driven cleanly from debian/rules and post-inst.
There also seems to be some gaps in policy for perl CGIs with modules,
which I'm discussing at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2007/07/msg00002.html
Please get involved if you can help!

Hope that explains,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.