[Koha] authority control

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 13:09:05 NZDT 2007

Thank, Josh. That did the trick. For anyone else looking to allow
linking to authority records as well as entering text freely, it is
necessary to delete the word READONLY from the script addbiblio.pl.
It's not enough to remove it from the template (file ending with
tmpl).

Another authority related question: So far I've only been using
authority control over personal name headings, so I changed the
bulkauthimport.pl script to match my auth type code. In my case that
was changing "NP" to "PN" and I was able to import and use personal
name authority records easily. I thought the same change would work
for corporate name authorities, but it continues to want to import it
as a personal name (PN) authority record.

The workaround I came up with was to modify the script to accept a
parameter telling the script what kind of authority you wish to
import. This is a bit cumbersome since it does not allow me to batch
up both personal name and corporate name authorities to import at the
same time.

I've looked all over the MARC21 authorities documentation at OCLC and
Library of Congress and can't find what portion of the Leader or which
fixed field makes an indication whether it's a personal name or
corporate name authority record. Is this a UNIMARC thing? It looks
like the original categories for the script were intended for use by
French speakers.

Or am I just missing something about how authorities work in Koha?

--Jason