cRe: [Koha] Errors on Koha install on 1&1 server

John Clarke john.clarke at clarkent.com
Fri Jan 26 04:19:32 NZDT 2007

Thanks MJ,

I made a directory $HOME/library/myperl and tried to run the o conf
makpl_arg command like this:

O koha.conf makepl_arg "LIB=~/library/mperl/lib
INSTALLMAN1DIR=~/library/myperl/man/man1
INSTALLMAN3DIR=~/library/myperl/man/man3"

Which opened up the text editor and did nothing until I pressed "q".
I then just added the three param lines above to the koha.conf (guessing
this was right?) and tried to run the first failed install again:

Perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Mail::Sendmail"'

It ran normally until it was time to send an e-mail. That failed and said
"Permission denied at /usr/shar/perl/5.6.1/ExtUtils/Install.pm."

Am I supposed to run the installer.pl from a particular directory? Do I have
to set the installation PREFIX anywhere else?

Any suggestions welcome.

-John