[Koha] Error Installing XML::Simple module

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jan 26 22:42:56 NZDT 2007

celticgeek <celticgeek at celticgeek.com> wrote:
> I am having the same problem as Krsnendu dasa did with the install of
> XML::Simple, with the same error messages.  (Error installing perl modules
> XML-Simple on K12LTSP-6 (Fedora Core 6) However, I am using Debian sarge, so I
> do not have the yum system available.  And I can't find any perl modules in the
> apt repository with that name.
> Is there an apt-get package which would install that module?

Add the unofficial apt repository
http://www-id.imag.fr/Laboratoire/Membres/Danjean_Vincent/deb.html
and follow the rebuild instructions from the list recently.

Alternatively, make a deb yourself (at home, with a small aubergine) with
dh-make-perl --build --cpan XML::Simple

We'll fix this Real Soon Now and announce it here.  Or you can watch
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/ or http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/all.html
obsessively.

> Also, I installed sarge using Linux version 2.6.8, since earlier versions do not
> support my SATA harddrive.

That shouldn't be a problem.  Koha doesn't use the Linux kernel
directly.

Regards,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.