[Koha] Accessing intranet page on network

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Wed Jan 24 23:13:18 NZDT 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 16:29, Peter Scott wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm a Linux newbie, and have been tasked with setting up Koha 2.2.7 on a
> Linux server.
>
> I've had to use Ubuntu (6.06 Server) as Debian would not install.
>
> The setup has gone quite well, but I've run into an issue that a lot of
> people seem to get!
>
> When I try to access the intranet page across the network, it opens the
> opac page instead.
>
> I've set up the HOSTS file on the remote PC correctly, I think that the
> issue lies with the configuration of the Virtual Host file on the server.
>
> My server is called koha, and has an IP address of 192.168.1.205 - I'm
> using ports 80 and 8080 for opac and intranet
>
> The config file looks like: (comments removed for brevity)
>
> # Listens rem'ed out as in /etc/apache2/ports.conf
> # Listen 80
> # Listen 8080
>
> # KOHA's OPAC Configuration
> NameVirtualHost *:80
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>   ServerAdmin  pscott at ippa.ie
>   DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/opac/htdocs
>   ServerName koha
>   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ /usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/
>   Redirect permanent index.html http://koha:80/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl
>   ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-error_log
>   TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-access_log
>   SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
>   SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"
> </VirtualHost>
>
> # KOHA's INTRANET Configuration
> NameVirtualHost *:8080
> <VirtualHost *:8080>
>   ServerAdmin  pscott at ippa.ie
>   DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs
>   ServerName koha
>   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ "/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/"
>   Redirect permanent index.html http://koha:8080/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl
>   ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-error_log
>   TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-access_log
>   SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
>   SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I am confused by the instructions on Virtual hosting, what changes do I
> need to make here?

This is where our /etc/koha-httpd.conf differs from yours :

# KOHA's OPAC Configuration
<VirtualHost koha:80>

and

# KOHA's INTRANET Configuration
<VirtualHost koha:8080>

accessing koha:80 gives me OPAC (the default) and koha:8080 gives me the admin
login screen.
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation