[Koha] Accessing intranet page on network

Peter Scott pscott at ippa.ie
Wed Jan 24 05:29:59 NZDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I'm a Linux newbie, and have been tasked with setting up Koha 2.2.7 on a Linux server.

I've had to use Ubuntu (6.06 Server) as Debian would not install.

The setup has gone quite well, but I've run into an issue that a lot of people seem to get!

When I try to access the intranet page across the network, it opens the opac page instead.

I've set up the HOSTS file on the remote PC correctly, I think that the issue lies with the configuration of the Virtual Host file on the server.

My server is called koha, and has an IP address of 192.168.1.205 - I'm using ports 80 and 8080 for opac and intranet

The config file looks like: (comments removed for brevity)

# Listens rem'ed out as in /etc/apache2/ports.conf
# Listen 80
# Listen 8080

# KOHA's OPAC Configuration
NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerAdmin  pscott at ippa.ie
  DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/opac/htdocs
  ServerName koha
  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ /usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/
  Redirect permanent index.html http://koha:80/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl
  ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-error_log
  TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-access_log
  SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
  SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"
</VirtualHost>

# KOHA's INTRANET Configuration
NameVirtualHost *:8080
<VirtualHost *:8080>
  ServerAdmin  pscott at ippa.ie
  DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs
  ServerName koha
  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ "/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/"
  Redirect permanent index.html http://koha:8080/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl
  ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-error_log
  TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-access_log
  SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
  SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"
</VirtualHost>

I am confused by the instructions on Virtual hosting, what changes do I need to make here?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Peter
Peter Scott
IPPA, The Early Childhood Organisation
Unit 4
Broomhill Business Complex
Broomhill Road
Tallaght
Dublin 24
Tel: 01 4630010 DDI: 01 4630015
Fax: 01 4630045
Web: www.ippa.ie < http://www.ippa.ie/>
IPPA, the Early Childhood Organisation, is funded by the Irish Government under The National Development Plan 2000-2006 and the European Union through the European Structural Fund.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential (and may contain privileged information) to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed and must not be copied, disclosed or distributed without the prior authorisation of the sender.

Please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail immediately if you are not the intended recipient.

Please also note that while our own software systems have been used to try to ensure that this e-mail has been swept for viruses, we do not accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused in respect of any viruses transmitted by the e-mail.

Please ensure your own checks are carried out before any attachments are opened.