[Koha] Koha and 1and1 hosting?

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Jan 23 04:06:44 NZDT 2007

----- John Clarke <uk at clarkent.com> wrote:
> I'm considering setting up a Koha database. I already have a Linux
> based "business pro" account with www.1and1.co.uk.
>
> Relevant features of "business pro" 1and1 plan:
> - PHP 3, 4 & 5
> - Perl
> - 8x MySQL (100 MB per database)
> - Shell access via SSH
>
> Should Koha run properly in this environment?
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.
Hi John,

You should be able to set up Koha within that environment, though
it may be difficult if you don't have root access to the box ...
difficult but not impossible. A good place to start would be at
the Koha Documentation Project : http://kohadocs.org

Alternatively, there are support providers for Koha that offer
Koha-specific hosting. For details see:

http://koha.org/support/pay.html

Cheers,