[Koha] defining the MARC tag structure

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Wed Jan 3 23:45:23 NZDT 2007

Simon Joseph ENGITU a écrit :
> Koha Management;
>
> I am trying out Koha and at the stage of defining the MARC tag structure.
> However, iam a bit confused. Do I have to adopt the tag structure that I see
> already defined or I make my own. Do you have a manual that I can follow so as
> i can define my own structure.
>
> I have been using WINISIS, but when I got hold of KOHA, I felt it is quite
> useful and I want to try it out.
>
> I shall be grateful for your kind and quick response o this problem.

In fact, you can make your own framework.
there are two different default frameworks to start from :
- USMARC
- UNIMARC (only in french at the moment)

That said, you can add tags and subfields through
parameter/biblioframeworks pages
You can choose to have multiple frameworks and you will have to choose
the one you want to use at biblio creation.
Hope that helps.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT