[Koha] Own Currency Symbol instead of $ in Koha

Al Calame albert.p.calame at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 18 11:00:12 NZDT 2007

Greetings!
    Actually, a number of years ago, in the North American community, we
decided to display currency using the ISO currency codes. (You can find
them on the Library of Congress web page in the area that has details of
MARC 21 formats, Geographic codes, etc.  It was precisely because there
are only a few currencies that have a symbol that can be displayed.
Hence, usd for United States dollar, cad for Canadian dollar, gbp for
Great Britain pound, etc. If you are indicating a price, for example one
of the standard locations is 852$9 and there just enter the decimal
amount followed by the ISO code for your own currency. Calculations with
that information might be a little tricky, but the programmers should be
able to come up with a solution for that.

    Regards,

    Albert P. Calame
    Librarian-at-Large