[Koha] Installing Mysql 4 on Fedora Core 6 or getting Mysql 5 to work with Koha

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 02:25:15 NZDT 2007

I can't help you with FC6 but I had a similar situation with Debian.
They bought a new machine for this project that was too new to install
Sarge successfully, so I installed Etch. During initial setup I didn't
install mysql. Once I was in the new system I used apt-pinning to use
the Sarge version of mysql4 and any of it's dependencies (2 other
packages I think). I've run into some problems because other programs
I would have liked to have used like kbarcode in Etch rely on mysql5
and a cascading host of KDE dependencies in Etch, so I was unable to
install the Sarge kbarcode without uninstalling most of KDE. This has
meant I've had to create work arounds in my workflow. But Koha seems
to be working fine so far.

Is there anything like apt-pinning for rpm distros?  Is there any way
to achieve mixed systems in rpm distros?  Another option might be to
create your own rpm of mysql4 and required dependencies from FC5
sources?

Sorry I don't have a more definite answer for you.

--Jason