[Koha] mysql file types

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Aug 28 06:27:21 NZST 2007

Noel Goodman <goldenchild_gt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Each table consists of 3 files with extensions, .MYI .MYD and .FRM respectively.
>
> I would like some background info on these file types or a proper link to say exactly what these file types are and  how they are used.

Those are MySQL internals, not Koha.  Please ask a MySQL discussion
for further info, but the basic description is in
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/myisam-storage-engine.html

   Each MyISAM table is stored on disk in three files. The files have
   names that begin with the table name and have an extension to
   indicate the file type. An .frm file stores the table format. The
   data file has an .MYD (MYData) extension. The index file has an
   .MYI (MYIndex) extension.

Hope that helps,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.