[Koha] Multiple Instances on same server

Wojciech Zatorski listy-in at zatorski.net
Sun Aug 26 21:14:18 NZST 2007

Hello Scott,

Saturday, August 25, 2007, 10:52:23 PM, you wrote:

SL> Wojceich,

SL> Unfortunately this is not working.  This is what I have tried so far:

SL> 1) cp the koha-httpd.conf to xxkoha-httpd.conf
SL> 2) cp the koha.conf to xxkoha.conf and edit the database name to the new
SL> database to be used for new library.
SL> 3) modify the ports in the xxkoha-httpd.conf to something different like 70
SL> and 7070 and change the SetEnv KOHA_CONF to "/etc/xxkoha.conf."  I also
SL> changed the log file names on this new instance to make debugging easier.
SL> 4) So now I have two virtual hosts pointing to two different koha config
SL> files (and two different databases, of course), but both pointing to the
SL> same /usr/local/koha directory for all the application files.
SL> 5) restart apache2 and voila, the original library (both opac and admin)
SL> work just fine.  But when trying to load the new library, it does not load
SL> the *.pl files but asks where I want to save them (i.e., opac-main.pl, etc).

SL> Not sure what I am doing wrong, but it's probably an easy fix.  Any
SL> thoughts?  I'm not a linux newbie, but this one is puzzling.  Seems as
SL> thought the index.html redirect is getting confused on the second instance,
SL> but I'm not sure why.

example (this is not real configuration because is using mod_perl):

in /etc/httpd/conf.d:

koha224_katalog.conf
<VirtualHost *:80 *:8013>
   ServerAdmin root at bg.univ.szczecin.pl
   DocumentRoot /opt/koha224_katalog/opac/htdocs
   ServerName katalog.koha.bibl.univ.szczecin.pl
   ServerAlias katalog.bg.szczecin.pl
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ /opt/koha224_katalog/opac/cgi-bin/

   SetEnv PERL5LIB "/opt/koha224_katalog/intranet/modules"
   SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/opt/koha224_katalog/koha.xml"
   Redirect permanent index.html http://katalog.bg.szczecin.pl/cgi-bin/koha/opac
-main.pl
   ErrorLog /opt/koha224_katalog/log/opac-error_log
   TransferLog /opt/koha224_katalog/log/opac-access_log
</VirtualHost>

koha224_ped.conf:
<VirtualHost *:80 *:8014>
   ServerAdmin root at bg.univ.szczecin.pl
   DocumentRoot /opt/koha224_ped/opac/htdocs
   ServerName pedagogika.koha.bibl.univ.szczecin.pl
   ServerAlias pedagogika.bg.szczecin.pl
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ /opt/koha224_ped/opac/cgi-bin/

   SetEnv PERL5LIB "/opt/koha224_ped/intranet/modules"
   SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/opt/koha224_ped/koha.xml"
   Redirect permanent index.html http://pedagogika.bg.szczecin.pl/cgi-bin/koha/opac
-main.pl
   ErrorLog /opt/koha224_ped/log/opac-error_log
   TransferLog /opt/koha224_ped/log/opac-access_log
</VirtualHost>

in /opt/
koha224_katalog
--> intranet
----> cgi-bin -> /opt/koha224_szablon/intranet/cgi-bin     (symlink!!)
----> data
----> htdocs
----> modules -> /opt/koha224_szablon/intranet/modules    (symlink!!)
----> scripts -> /opt/koha224_szablon/intranet/scripts    (symlink!!)

--> log
--> opac
----> cgi-bin -> /opt/koha224_szablon/opac/cgi-bin  (symlink!!)
----> htdocs

koha224_ped
--> intranet
----> cgi-bin -> /opt/koha224_szablon/intranet/cgi-bin     (symlink!!)
----> data
----> htdocs
----> modules -> /opt/koha224_szablon/intranet/modules    (symlink!!)
----> scripts -> /opt/koha224_szablon/intranet/scripts    (symlink!!)

--> log
--> opac
----> cgi-bin -> /opt/koha224_szablon/opac/cgi-bin  (symlink!!)
----> htdocs

koha224_szablon (where is the real perl code):
--> intranet
----> cgi-bin
----> data
----> htdocs
----> modules
----> scripts

--> log
--> opac
----> cgi-bin
----> htdocs

all clear?

--
<wojciech at zatorski.net>
tel. +48 509-855-239; GG: 1500861; Skype: zatorski