[Koha] Multiple Instances on same server

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Sun Aug 26 12:50:08 NZST 2007

Scott Leafe wrote:

> I'm running Koha 2.2.9 on Debian Etch with Mysql 5.0.  All works just fine.
> However, I need to set up a completely separate libarary for someone and need to
> host it on the same server.  Question is, can you run multiple instances of Koha
> on the same server?  I need the instances to be completely separate based on
> template customization needs.

A very clean solution uses linux vserver. It installs like a dream using Debian
Etch. Vserver allows you to create multiple virtual guests on the one host.
Each is "jailed" inside its own disk and copy of (most of) the operating system.

We are running many instances of Koha in this way.

An added benefit of using linux vserver is that each guest can have its own
version of apache, its own mysql, its own version of Koha ... its own version
of everything except the linux kernel which is shared. This allows you to
create a guest for testing new versions and features in Koha without disturbing
your production instances.

cheers
rickw