[Koha] LDAP and Windows AD problems

Pauley pdavis at lyncs.org
Wed Aug 22 12:26:37 NZST 2007

Hello;

I am trying to use ldap to authenticate users.  I believe I have read and
used nearly every solution that people have posted.  I have gotten to the
point where I do not receive ldap authentication errors in the opac-errors
log.  However, when I go to OPAC or the Administration main page I get no
log in options.  OPAC works, but there is no place to log into your account.
The Administration page pops me to the initial page but trying to go
anywhere in administration says "KOHA doesn't think you have permissions to
do that", but no logon is available.  I switch back to the original auth.pm
and all is fine.

Any ideas?  I have a number of other linux servers using LDAP to
authenticate but they use an account to log in.  I have tried the examples
here for authenticated ldap access, but no luck.  It would be great ot see
an example from someone's "Local' settings of auth.pm that is successfully
using a Windows AD with ldap to authenticate. And I did try to allow
anonymous ldap queries on my AD server...no luck there either.

Thanks
Paul Davis
Lynden Christian Schools