[Koha] Koha installation on Fedora 7 -- questions

Dwayne Collins dcollins at prcsa.ca
Sat Aug 4 05:01:51 NZST 2007

Hello Folks,

I'm relatively new to working with both Koha and Linux, but I have a
question or two that I am hoping people can answer:

8 months ago we set up a Koha 2.2.7 server on Fedora Core 3 and it was
working wonderfully until the hard drive dropped out on us. We're now
looking at replacing the HD and having to do a fresh install from
scratch (although we luckily have the mySQL databases backed up). What
I'm hoping to do is install Koha 2.2.9 on Fedora 7 but I have to know a
few things first:
I cannot tell what version of mySQL is included with Fedora 7 (if any),
but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's version 5 which doesn't work
with Koha - should I use an earlier version of Fedora, or should I try
to downgrade the mySQL version (and does anyone know how that's done)?
Also, does anyone know of any troubles I might run into by using the
restoration method listed at
http://www.kohadocs.org/Backups_and_Restoring.html considering that I'll
be restoring into a different version of Koha (2.2.9 instead of 2.2.7)?

Any advice on getting through this so we can get our system back online
would greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dwayne