[Koha] Koha 3 and Greenstone

Chris Cormack crc at liblime.com
Wed Apr 25 21:20:48 NZST 2007

On 25/04/2007, at 4:39 PM, Chris Hammond-Thrasher wrote:

> Friends,
>

> I recently had a guy from UNESCO ask me if future releases of Koha
> would have “Greenstone-like features”. I think he wants his ILS and
> his digital library in one single app. I immediately said, “I don’t
> think so.” But then I thought, zebra is a pretty powerful text
> indexing engine and most of the files in my digital library are
> text pdfs (they have been OCRed). Is there some potential to use
> koha3/zebra as a greenstone replacement?

Hi Chris

No I dont think so, there are lots and lots of very capable digital
library systems. Greenstone, Kete, Keystone etc. I think work
allowing for easy integration of Koha with a digital library system
would be a far more productive use of resources.

Chris
Chris Cormack                            chris.cormack at liblime.com
VP Research and Development                        www.liblime.com
LibLime                                             +64 21 542 131