SOLVED: Re: [Koha] installer database error

Jochum van der Heide jochum.vanderheide at lifehope.om.org
Wed Apr 25 20:40:34 NZST 2007

I've just found out what the problem was. I was playing with adding
different mysql users, but all of those users wouldn't connect to the
database with the password supplied, but did connect by just clicking
enter when prompted for the password.

I then discovered that there were 2 Anonymous users installed already
(added by the mysql-server rpm I assume). After deleting those users I
could connect using the passwords and the Koha installer ran without any
problems. So not a Koha installer bug after all ;-)

Hope this helps others with similar problems as well.

Thanks for all those who replied to my questions,

-Jochum