[Koha] installer database error

Jochum van der Heide jochum.vanderheide at lifehope.om.org
Tue Apr 24 22:16:45 NZST 2007

Hi MJ,

MJ Ray wrote:
> Jochum van der Heide <jochum.vanderheide at lifehope.om.org> wrote:
>> DBI connect('Koha:localhost','kohaadmin',...) failed: Access denied for
>> user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
>> /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 411
>
> Can you connect as kohaadmin from the prompt?  Command should be:
> mysql -u kohaadmin -h localhost -p
>
> If not, then it's a mysql administration problem.

Interresting. Just tried your command and it doesn't let me in with the
password I entered when prompted by the Koha installer.

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost'
(using password: YES)

If I just click enter when prompted for the password (so empty password)
then it lets me in fine. Does this mean that the Koha installer doesn't
pass on the kohaadmin password to mysqld correctly? or is it something
to do with my mysql configuration?

-Jochum