[Koha] Koha patron card number length

Mark Ehle mark at ehle.homelinux.org
Tue Apr 24 11:35:07 NZST 2007

Hello, Folks -

I am a Computer Tech for a public library in Michigan. We are looking
at Koha as a possible replacement for our aging Dynix system.

I have Koha running in a VMware virtual machine, running on Ubuntu
Server 7.04. The install was not at all easy, but what do you want for
free, eh?

When I tried to add a user, the first thing Koha told me is that the
card number was "Invalid cardnumber". We use a 14-digit codabar
barcoded patron library card system. An example is "23330001535735".
It is crucial that we be able to keep this intact, otherwise we will
not be able to even consider Koha.

Is there a way to modify this? Where is the documentation that talks
about such things?

Thanks very much,

Mark