[Koha] Northland Baptist Bible College bad security certificates in examp...

Luis M. Gallardo D. gallardo9000 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 16:13:51 NZDT 2006

The certificate alert windows is kind of annoying, but not everybody can afford a signed certificate (it costs some hundred dollars or more). That's why some people use a self-signed certificate, which warn you every time you visit the site. The only thing you have to do is to click on the "ok" button  (I mean, accept the certificate), or on the "Cancel" button (reject the certificate).

For the record, Joshua mentioned Verising, but there are other companies like beTruested, Equifax, etc (you'll find a complete list if you check your browser's certificate manager) where you can buy a third-party certificate. Each company offers a different price for their certificates.

I assume the Northland Baptist Bible College's OPAC is on the live OPAC list as a gesture to the Koha's community, and Software Libre in general. So, better than criticize them, we should thank them!

Luis Gallardo

COURYHOUSE at aol.com escribió:        of course if does not bit it just looks NASTY!  and....  since it is used to showcase the software  they  should   think about  the presentation.

 Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC

 On Mon,    Dec 11, 2006 at 03:55:17PM -0500, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
>       Northland Baptist Bible College  bad security certificates . in    example
>    opacs.
>    nasty looking    error... fix it
Hi Ed ... the library chose to issue self-signed    certificates, which
will always throw warnings in a the browser. The only    solution would be
for them to purchase third-party certificates from a    vendor like
Verisign.

Also, it should be pointed out this really has    nothing to do with Koha,
but has to do with how the library's web server is    configured ;-)

 Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at www.smecc.org

We are always looking for  items to add to the museum's display and ref. library - please advise if you  have anything we can use.

Coury House / SMECC
5802 W. Palmaire Ave.  Phone 623-435-1522
Glendale Az 85301 USA

CONFIDENZIALE:  Questo messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono confidenziali
e riservati. Se  vi è stato recapitato per errore e non siete fra i
destinatari elencati,  siete pregati di darne immediatamente avviso al
mittente. Le informazioni  contenute non devono essere mostrate ad altri, né
utilizzate, memorizzate o  copiate in qualsiasi forma.

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments  are confidential and may
contain reserved information. If you are not one of  the named recipients,
please notify the sender immediately. Moreover, you  should not disclose the
contents to any other persons, nor should the  information contained be used
for any purpose or stored or copied in any  form.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com