[Koha] Reading Levels

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Dec 12 09:46:05 NZDT 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 10:33:01AM -0900, Darla Grediagin said:
> Good morning,
>
> I am trying to add the ability to search by reading levels into my
> catalog.  Can anyone let me know how to make the 521 tag be searchable
> and then if I could edit the OPAC in a web program such as GoLive in
> order to let the patrons search this field?

Hi Darla

You are using koha 2.2.6 eh?

What template set are you using? You want to find the opac-search.tmpl
file for that template set.

If its npl you want to add something like

    	       <input type="hidden" name="and_or" value="and" />
	       <input type="hidden" name="excluding" value="" />
	       <input type="hidden" name="operator" value="contains" />
	       <input type="text" id="level" name="value" />

And that will give you an input field that you can enter into to
search reading level (change 521a to whatever it should be)

Hope this helps

Chris
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz