[Koha] Documentation confusion

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Mon Dec 11 04:12:00 NZDT 2006

Hi Rick,

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 03:45:02PM +1100, Rick Welykochy wrote:
> I am about to embark on an install of Koha/2.2.7 on a Debian system (running
> Deb/Etch and Xen).
You'll have a much easier time on Deb Sarge ... Etch doesn't have a
package for MySQL 4.1 ...

> The documentation page at http://www.kohadocs.org/ has a section on
> System Administration - Installation. There is a docuemntation there
> labelled as
>
>    Installing Koha (2.4) on Debian sarge
>
> so I thought to meself, what is Koha/2.4 ... does it exist? Looking at
> the HTML version of the document, the title reads as follows:
>
>    Installing Koha 2.4 On Debian GNU/Linux 3.1
>
> Hmmm. This says to me: Installing Koha version 2.4 on Debian. That couldn't
> be right. Looking further, I finally find this:
>
>    This document contains installation instructions
>    for Koha 2.0RC4 on Debian
So the guide will work for 2.0 and 2.2 ... There was a point in time
when we almost branched 2.2.6 to 2.4 because there were some new
features, and it looks like the docs haven't been updated ... That
install guide should have 2.2.7 in place of 2.4/2.0

> So, is this the latest and greatest INSTALL documentation? Has much changed
> from Koha/2.0 to Koha/2.2.7 as far as system requirements, module
> requirements,
> etc?
> Should I proceed using this document for the install?
Yes.

Cheers,