[Koha] Slightly odd install/upgrade request

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Nov 29 04:48:08 NZDT 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 10:24:03AM +0000, Nigel Titley wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 16:54 +0000, Nigel Titley wrote:
>
> > I now know about the mysql4/5 problem, and will rewind the database
> > server to mysql4 before I start again, but can someone give me an idea
> > of how I should proceed? Have there been database changes between 1.2.3
> > and 2.2.6? How should I get my 1.2.3 data into a new install of 2.2.6?
> > Just a general hint or two would be helpful. I'm reasonably competent
> > with databases, perl and  unix cli.
>
> OK, since no one is able to offer any assistance, can someone who knows
> tell me where the database changed between 1.2.3 and the present? At
> least like that I can work out where to checkpoint the database. Or if
> you can't tell me, then let me know where to look. I'd really like to
> get Koha up and running again.
You can check out the sourceforge versions here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/koha/

Starting with 2.2.5 we moved to Savannah:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/koha

Comparing the database definition file (koha.sql) in version 1.2.3 to
2.0 and then 2.2 you will see several changes of critical importance to
having a stable 2.2.7 system up and running.

> Just a reminder, my database is 1.2.3 and I'd like to update to 2.2.7.
> All I need to know is (for example) that the database changed between
> 1.2.3 and 2.0.1 but has been stable since.
It changed from 1.2.3 to 2.0.1, and then again in 2.2.0. Only minor
changes since 2.2.0. AFAIK, updatedatabse should catch all of them.
Of course, make sure to back up your db, etc. ;-).

I hope that helps.

Cheers,