[Koha] Slightly odd install/upgrade request

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Nov 28 23:41:30 NZDT 2006

Nigel Titley a écrit :
> On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 16:54 +0000, Nigel Titley wrote:
>
>> I now know about the mysql4/5 problem, and will rewind the database
>> server to mysql4 before I start again, but can someone give me an idea
>> of how I should proceed? Have there been database changes between 1.2.3
>> and 2.2.6? How should I get my 1.2.3 data into a new install of 2.2.6?
>> Just a general hint or two would be helpful. I'm reasonably competent
>> with databases, perl and  unix cli.
>
> OK, since no one is able to offer any assistance, can someone who knows
> tell me where the database changed between 1.2.3 and the present? At
> least like that I can work out where to checkpoint the database. Or if
> you can't tell me, then let me know where to look. I'd really like to
> get Koha up and running again.
>
> Just a reminder, my database is 1.2.3 and I'd like to update to 2.2.7.
> All I need to know is (for example) that the database changed between
> 1.2.3 and 2.0.1 but has been stable since.

Hi Nigel,

we can't help you precisely, because the description of your problem is
not precise enough.

The installer, from 1.2.3 to 2.0 should work & take care of all database
updates.
Once it's done, expecting you have a marc21 setup, with complete
mappings of koha fields => MARC fields, you just have to run
misc/koha2marc.pl to move your biblios to MARC structure.

It may not work at 1st try, as this script was builded for 2.0, and the
API slighlty changed for 2.2 (but no one updated this script, as I don't
think anybody tried 1.2.3 => 2.2)
Just 1 thing I see :
	$bibid = &MARCaddbiblio($dbh,$MARC,$biblionumber);
should be written :
	$bibid = &MARCaddbiblio($dbh,$MARC,$biblionumber,'');
(affecting all biblios to default framework, a new concept in 2.2)

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants