[Koha] Alexandria to Koha Migration

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Mon Nov 27 16:26:50 NZDT 2006

Hi Jo,

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 10:35:24AM +0800, jo ab wrote:
> First of all, I would like to give a round of applause to the developers
> of koha. What a great help to the community!
Thanks! Ultimately though, you have libraries to thank, because they are the
ones who sponsor the development and hire the developers to work on and
implement Koha ... so give yourselves a round of applause ;-)

> Currently, we are using Alexandria Library System and we are planning to
> shift to Koha but my problem is migrating Alexandria data to Koha. I
> found the instruction on the web
> http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=cmsdconversion but unfortunately after
> several attempts I end up unsuccessful. Perhaps the problem is on my
> part because I'm a newbie in Perl programming but I'm trying to learn
> now as much as I could.
The data migration process is often the most challenging part of implementing
Koha, or any ILS for that matter. If you're not able to do it yourself,
and none of the free resources are helpful, you may want to consider
contacting one of the companies that support Koha:

http://koha.org/support/pay.html

All of them have experience not only in developing Koha, but also in
implementation (data migration, etc.). Depending on the company, they
also can provide you with software maintenance (for applying bug fixes,
and updates), as well as customization services.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,