[Koha] Mapping items -- Is it this hard for everyone or am I missing the big picture.

Darla Grediagin dgrediagin at bssd.org
Wed Nov 15 07:44:37 NZDT 2006

    Test  	Result
# *itemnum* 	The field itemnum MUST be mapped
# The corresponding subfield MUST be in with -1 (ignore) tab
*itemtype NOT mapped* 	the biblioitems.itemtype field MUST :
# be mapped to a MARC subfield,
# the correspounding subfield MUST have authorised_value="itemtype"
OK 	/branch table filled with at least 1 value/
*homebranch NOT mapped* 	the items.homebranch field MUST :
# be mapped to a MARC subfield,
# the correspounding subfield MUST have authorised value="branches"
*holdingbranch NOT mapped* 	the items.holdingbranch field MUST :
# be mapped to a MARC subfield,
# the correspounding subfield MUST have authorised value="branches"
*biblio and biblionumber* 	The biblio.biblionumber and
biblioitems.biblioitemnumber fields MUST :
# be mapped to a MARC subfield,
# be in the SAME tag (for example : 090$a and 090$b)
# be in tab -1
OK 	/no NULL value in frameworkcode/
*TOTAL* 	You have *5* error(s) in your MARC configuration. Please fix
them before using koh

Here are the errors that I am getting when I run my MARC Check.

Questions that I have,
1.  Where to I map the itemtype?  I know that the item type is on the 000 line of the Marc record in spots 5 and 6.  I just don't know where to input that information into Koha.

2. itemnum is on line 001 of my MARC record, again how do I map this?

3.  homebranch and holdingbranch -- I don't understand the differences between these two parameters or again as before, how to map these.

4.  biblio and biblionumber - I am not sure what these are and how they would be different from  the item number.

Thank you for any assistance,

 By the time I finish with this, I believe I was have the materials and ability to do some screen casting to build instructions on doing this with more ease and finesse than I have managed.  If I build some things like this, is there a place to host them.  I can host on my site so I guess more I am looking for the ability to provide links to these.

Darla

--
Darla Grediagin
District Librarian