[Koha] z39.50 problem

Mohamed Imran K R mohamedimran.kr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 03:10:22 NZDT 2006

hello

On 11/7/06, Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 10:56:01PM +1000, Greg Vickers wrote:
> > Lately the z39.50 lookup process has stopped working for the
> > installation of Koha that I look after. (running on Debian stable)
> Greg, if you're able, it would be well worth your while to upgrade to
> the CVS version of the Z39.50 client software. It's been re-implemented
> using the new Perl-ZOOM that supports asynchronous searches natively and
> doen't require the use of the daemon process. I've been using it

I use fc3 with mysql 3.23.  present ly working with 2.2.6 and when i did
upgrade to 2.2.6 it complained of missing ZOOM pckg  which could nt be
installed as my yaz version is an old one. the later versions of yaz wont
compile on my system. if i upgrade my system then mysql will also upgrade to
ver 5, which will again give me problems. pls comment on what i can do.

successfully now in about 20 of my clients and they are very pleased
> with the improvement in stability ...
>
> With a little luck, we should be able to release 2.2.7 later this week
> (paul?) which will include these improvements.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Joshua Ferraro                       SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
> President, Technology       migration, training, maintenance, support
> LibLime                                Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS
> jmf at liblime.com |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS

Regards
Mohamed Imran K R