[Koha] perl module problems on Mac OS X Server 10.4

Roger Hart rhart at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 2 03:58:22 NZDT 2006

I've been having terrible problems installing the perl module
XML::Simple, which is required by Koha, on Mac OS X Server 10.4. Can
anyone offer any suggestions?

The error message I get is the following:

Fatal Error: Your default XML Parser (XML::SAX::PurePerl) is broken.
One way to avoid the problem is to install XML::SAX::Expat -- it will
install itself as the system default XML parser and then you will be
able to install XML::Simple successfully.

I have installed XML::SAX::Expat but continue to get the error
message. I do not know how to check whether XML::SAX::Expat is the
default parser. I have been unable to find a discussion of this
problem on the web.

Roger Hart
Assistant Professor, Departments of History and Asian Studies
University of Texas at Austin

office: Room 470, Burdine Hall
office phone: 512-475-7258
department fax: 512-475-7222