[Koha] Re: Problems making the Z3950 work

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu Oct 26 20:27:39 NZDT 2006

Matthew Metzger wrote:
> I'm having the same problems after updating to 2.2.6. I feel as I've
> also tried everything, but with no success. Any help with this would be
> greatly appreciated.

Is the z3950 daemon running? Thats always the first thing to check.

 From here

http://www.kohadocs.org/usersguide/ch04s02.html

"There are several factors that can make the Z39.50 search fail at this
point. First, you must have your browser set to allow pop-up windows
from your Koha server. The window is actually opened to begin the search
by a JavaScript, so your browser should also have JavaScript enabled.
Finally, if you keep getting the "Still ?? requests to go" message over
and over, your system administrator probably has not started the Z39.50
daemon using the
koha/intranet/scripts/z3950daemon/z3950-daemon-launch.sh script. (If you
are using a RedHat operating system and have problems starting the
daemon, see the "User comments" at the end of this section.)"

Hope this helps

Chris