[Koha] Web hosting Koha - Questions

Venita Glasfurd venita.glasfurd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 01:28:33 NZDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been testing out koha for a library I am trying to set up in Bangalore,
India.I've set up Koha for Windows on my windows based home PC and it works
fine there.

Now, I am planning to put up Koha on a shared server. My service provider
gives me an option of going for Linux or Windows. However, since my service
provider says that i cannot "install" on the web server, the Windows
installer is out. Since I have not much knowledge of linux, I have this big
doubt on how to install koha on the server.
My basic doubt is
1. since I will not get root access to the web server, how can I install the
software. Obviously, a simple copy or unzip will not work.
2. If I go with Linux, do I need to ask for special support when it comes to
installing the perl modules for Koha?
3. Has anyone hosted koha on a shared server? If so, please mail me. I would
like to get more inputs on this.

Regards,
Venita.

I searched the archives for information on this, But for the one query by
Bernard Shiundu in May 2006, I did not find anything else.