[Koha] new koha installation not working properly

Alex King alex at king.net.nz
Sat Sep 30 11:28:27 NZST 2006

This is probably the MySQL5 issue.  Are you running on MySQL 5?  Koha
2.2.5 won't run out of the box with it.

See http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2006/010477.html

That message describes three issues, an authentication issue, the
"return" reserved word, and a couple of query fixes.

I didn't find I needed the authentication fix.  I suspect that it is
only needed for upgrading an existing Koha db, not new installs.

OTOH, the "return" reserved word does affect new installs, in the SQL
file used for initialising MySQL it appears (once from memory)
unquoted.  You will need to modify that file and quote the field name
(return) with single quotes, and reinstall Koha (or at least
re-initialise the database - if you want to be sure your db structure is
100% correct)

You also need to modify the two search module files as mentioned.  They
are what is preventing the biblios displaying.

Alternatives would be to downgrade MySQL or pull Koha 2.2.6 from CVS
(which I would assume has the fixes).

Cheers,

Alex