[Koha] Koha 2.3.0 problem instaling

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Sep 5 21:35:36 NZST 2006

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:20:36AM +0100, Pedro Faria said:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to install koha 2.3.0 but I got the following error:
>
> Unable to recognise encoding of this document at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/XML/SAX/PurePerl/EncodingDetect.pm line 96.
> Document requires an element [Ln: 2, Col: 0]
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at scripts/updater/updatedatabase line 21.
> Problem updating database...
>

> Any ideas? XML::SAX is up to date, so says CPAN...Thank you.

Hi Pedro

First off you realise that 2.3.0 is a development release eh? So it
should definitely not be used in production. But if you want to try it
out, bearing in mind you will get all sorts of errors like this.
Then go right ahead. But running installer.pl wont get you a working
Koha there will be a lot of messing around to get zebra going.

As for this error, I think installing
XML::SAX::Expat will fix it

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz