[Koha] Dewey call numbers in MARC/Koha

Kevin O'Rourke lists at caboose.org.uk
Wed Aug 30 21:01:58 NZST 2006

With the help of various kind people on this list I'm gradually getting
my head around MARC.

Our library staff complained the other day that Dewey call numbers
weren't showing up in the catalogue, even though they had entered them
in under MARC tag 082.

It seems that (by default) Koha is using a different tag (can't remember
the number but it's one of the 9xx's) for the call number it shows in
the catalogue.

Is there a reason for this?

What's the best way to get around the problem?  Should I modify the
MARC<->Koha link to use 082 instead or should I just copy the contents
of 082 into Koha's own tag?

--
Kevin O'Rourke
ICT Coordinator, National Teachers' Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria