[Koha] 2.2.6RC2 - Internal Server Error

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Wed Aug 23 15:17:55 NZST 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 10:47:38PM -0400, Mike Dalgity said:
> Hi, I'm playing around with 2.2.6RC2 and am having a frustrating time with
> 500 Internal Server Errors. Using HTML::Template Ver 2.8 I can get
> opac-main.pl to load but not opac-search.pl. Using HTML::Template Ver 2.6 I
> have the opposite behaviour; I can get opac-search.pl but not opac-main.pl.
> This occurs with either Default or NPL themes. In both cases the log file
> contains only an error message like this and nothing else:
> [Tue Aug 22 21:47:23 2006] [error] [client 172.16.1.10] Premature end of
> script headers: /var/www/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac-main.pl
>
> I went looking for a way to troubleshoot this problem and found this site:
> http://htmlfixit.com/cgi-tutes/tutorial_Common_Web_dev_error_messages_and_wh
> at_they_mean.php It says to add "use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);" just
> below the path to perl to send errors to the browser. And this is where it
> gets weird. As soon as I put that line in I no longer get errors and the
> page displays. I take it back out and the errors are back.
>
> Does anyone have advice on how to troubleshoot the source of 500 Internal
> Server Error errors? Does anyone maintain a list of MINIMUM versions of
> neccesary perl modules? The release notes has a few version numbers; are
> they minimum requirements or just what it was developed on?

Hi Mike

Can you put a bug in for this, at http://bugs.koha.org
That way it might get fixed before 2.2.6 is released. Does this occur
with 2.2.5 as well?

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz