[Koha] ISBN problem

Greg Vickers daehenoc at optusnet.com.au
Thu Aug 17 17:38:49 NZST 2006

Hi all,

I manage the system which hosts Koha for the French cultural center in
Brisbane, Alliance Francase. (http://library.afbrisbane.com) I don't
manage the information in Koha; I installed Koha and manage the server,
I am not a librarian!

This installation has been up and running for about three months and
they have a librarian on-site who is in the process of adding all their
library material to Koha. He's come across a strange problem in the last
couple of days:

Search the public catalog for ISBN 2914935692 and it will return a
record for "Comptines" with a subtitle of "méthode de franðcais". He did
not enter that subtitle, so that's the first strange thing (inserted via
z39.50??) and the second strange thing is that this record shows a
different ISBN: 2-03-870211X!

The librarian has a suspicion that running the rebuildnonmarc.pl script
may help. I read the description of what that script does and it's all
Greek to me.

Would that script help, or is this problem being caused by something else?

Thanks,
Greg