[Koha] Item Type problem

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Aug 15 06:21:08 NZST 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 07:06:22PM +0100, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> Hmmm.  How stable is 3.0 at this point?  Do you have a target date for
> release?  Are most of the planned new features in yet?  We're thinking in
> terms of use in September which I presume it won't be released for but if
> it were reasonably stable we might consider using it from CVS and chasing
> bugs when they hit us.
Just to clarify our release schedule, 2.4 is 2.2.x with Zebra support
and it should be released shortly after 2.2.6 -- apart from a few
minor bugs it's pretty much ready to go right now. However, because
it includes Zebra support, the implementation path is _very_ steep.

2.4 lays the groundwork for 3.0, which will include Zebra support,
as well as the new features and API stuff that's been committed to
HEAD over the past year or so since we branched the 2.2 series ... one
of those features being the item-level circ rules stuff.

We'll definitely have a 3.0 release by the end of the year, but I
suspect the implementation path will still be extremely high as we
haven't had much financial backing for optimizing installation and
configuration of the Zebra-based Koha.

> Alternatively, backporting it to 2.2 might be worthwhile, particularly
> given that there is a reference 3.0 implentation which we could try and be
> database compatible with.  I'd have to look into how involved that would
> be.
I think this is your best bet. It should be pretty simple ... and like
I said, I'd love to have a patch to apply this feature to the rel_2_2
branch ... maybe Paul would even let us add it to rel_2_2 after 2.2.6
is released ...

Cheers,